- Job Title: Wilder Communities Officer
- Job Reference: CL397057MidWCO
- Location: Middleton, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
- Salary: £26,550 per annum
About the role
We’re looking for a Wilder Communities Officer to support our Green Recovery Challenge Fund Team to deliver the Derwent Valley Connections programme by co-ordinating activities and events to local communities, working in partnership with local councils, land owners and businesses.
In this role, you’ll engage and mobilise communities at risk of flooding in the Derwent catchment and respond to enquiries from the general public who want to support Natural Flood Management.
To be successful you will be passionate about using nature based solutions to contribute to overall health and wellbeing. You will want to have a positive impact on the natural world and create real change.
In this role, you'll:
• work in partnership with a wide range stakeholders from local authorities to local communities to promote natural flood management.
• work with Derbyshire Derwent Catchment Partnership, facilitating relationships between landowners and community groups.
• empower communities to get hands on and involved with the project and with the right guidance and support, deliver natural flood management including more local low-level actions.
Interviews are planned for Friday 12th November.