- Job Title: Wilder Engagement Assistant
- Job Reference: CL396851MidWEA
- Location: Middleton, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
- Salary: £20,500 per annum
About the role
We’re looking for a Wilder Engagement Assistant to work within our Wilder Communities Team to inspire and mobilise people with wildlife and nature.
In this role, you’ll deliver a programme of work with early years, schools, young people, families, communities and school staff throughout Derbyshire.
To be successful you will be passionate about inspiring others to care and act for nature. You will be able to deliver activities that are engaging and informative.
In this role, you'll
• deliver school visits and Nature Tots sessions to connect children to nature
• support early years and school staff to make their grounds wilder
• deliver events to families and community groups to grow wilder communities throughout Derbyshire
This role might be right for you if:
• you have experience of delivering education activities to children and families
• you have an understanding of environmental education techniques
• you are a great organiser and can co-ordinate activities
• you are creative and flexible to the demands of the role
This is a full time (37 hours), permanent post with flexible working hours Monday-Sunday and the need to be available for work during weekends and bank holidays. We are willing to discuss job share options. The job is based at the Trusts’ Head Office at Middleton with travel to other locations required.
Derbyshire Wildlife Trust is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.
Interviews are planned for Monday 8th November.